Even with the PSLF Waiver in effect until October 31, 2022, student loan borrowers seeking to qualify for Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) must satisfy the following requirements:
- Making 120 qualifying payments or the equivalent
- Employment by government, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, or other not-for-profit organization that provides a qualifying service*
- Working full time (for PSLF, you're generally considered to work full time if you meet your employer's definition of full time or work at least 30 hours per week, whichever is greater)
- Having Direct Loans or consolidating into Direct Consolidation Loans
- Certifying qualifying employment for the periods you seek credit toward PSLF
*Employment at a for-profit organization does not qualify
If you have additional questions about this limited time opportunity to benefit from the PSLF waiver, then please go to the Education Department's PSLF Waiver webpage.
Or, contact the Dombrow Law Firm to learn how to schedule a Federal student loan analysis of your situation.